Friday, August 12, 2011

Copic Colorin'

I just love summer and the flowers it brings!  Hydrangeas are one of my favorite summer flowers, so when I found these vintage, aqua, ball jars at RE:discover the first thing I thought of was filling them with pretty flowers.  I took this inspiration photo in my back yard with hydrangeas from a bush we have in the yard.  I got really excited about it because I knew I had the Friendship Jar Summer Fillers from PTI that has a hydrangea stamp.  Then I got even more excited because I knew I could use it as an excuse to practice my copic coloring, yay!

Here is the inspiration photo for the hydrangea card I made below.

Here is the card that I made:



I would definitely change a few things about this card next time around.  For instance, I don't love the way the white around the edges looks, I got a little carried away with this one....But overall I'm happy with the coloring and I used glossy accents for the first time ever.  I applied it over the jar so it would look more like glass.  I also used some liquid pearls in the center of each flower.

This card took me so much longer than most of the other ones I've made, but I really loved making it and am planning to make some more!  I dropped this card off to RE:discover so it is for sale there right now!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I love your photo and I love your card! Love that aqua vintage ball jar. I totally would have bought it too! And I'd buy this pretty card if I saw it too!

    ReplyDelete